Thursday, January 17, 2008

Belated Anniversary

Yesterday was our second Anniversary. Our first one Dan took me out to dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown. This year we didn't really do much. We are poor first of all and second of all he had to work so it's not like we could plan something. So we sat in our PJ's and ate ice cream together while watching "Stranger than Fiction" which is perhaps one of my favorite movies of all time. We'll celebrate later.

At the grocery store I finally managed to get some gruyere cheese which is for a special homemade alfredo sauce. Last time I used parmesan but the sauce wasn't creamy, it was gritty. Since this is Dan's favorite meal I will prepare this for him on his next day off. He will enjoy it too since it was nearly $15 a pound for this damn cheese. Aye aye aye.

Tomorrow night I also snagged free tickets for a show going on during Comedy Festival this weekend. I am SUPER stoked! I really wanted to see something this year but alas, we are poor. But yet I buy expensive cheese?! I'm such a hypocrite.

I also snagged a job at the library on campus! Woo! It pays $6.00 a hour! Wow! I can't remember the last time I was paid that low. But they are willing to work around my schedule which is super nice and I am guaranteed hours. This job will help with extra expenses and ect.. and go towards paying off my credit cards.

Dan's grandmother's health isn't doing too well. They just found cancer and she goes in for Chemo on Monday. I feel grateful that I already went through this and now I am able to be there for Dan. I miss you Grandpa. I hope you are doing well and thank you for visiting me in my dream the other night.

Jason and I were swimming in a pool and Grandpa was with us, swimming with us. He was actually tickling us and having fun. Grandma was sitting on a pool chair just hanging out and enjoying the sun.

I remember my grandfather as the one sitting out and watching everyone having fun so it was nice to see him in the action. Even though he is gone from our life, I think he is still living, especially in our memories. I love you Grandpa.

No comments: