Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I am Korean, hear me roar!

For my World History class, we have to write a ten page essay. That is a lot of pages but I love learning so it won't be a big deal.

Since I am Korean I want to write mine about Korean history. That's where we get into the problem. There would be more Korean history if the Japanese and Chinese would stop trying to conquer Korea and then burn all their important documents. What a bunch of jerks. And then the US spilt up Korea so now everyone I talk to wants to know if I am North or South Korean just in case I am a communist. (My husband is more communist than I am. Hahahah!! Just kidding US Navy!!) I want more people to know there is more to Korea's history than the "Korean Conflict" and the communism of North Korea.

I want to know more about my history. That's my people. That's my mothers peoples.

I haven't solidified my topic yet but as of right now it is the Chinese influence of Confusicnism on Korea and it's culture. Boring right? We'll see. I'm exploring other topics like the guy who created the simple Korean alphabet from the very complex Chinese alphabet.

While I was in Korea last year my cousins took me to a very important temple (the name of which I do not remember or cannot pronouce correctly) of a Empress that was very important. I think she created the first schools of Korea or something like that. My feet hurt that day and I was very cranky so I did not pay as much attention as I should have :( I have to do more research.

This here is another reason why I want to be a writer. I want more Korean culture represented. I'm tired of Korea being walked on. Japan bombed us and we have more Japanese culture in the United States than Korean culture. We helped the Koreans fight againgst communism! Why don't we have more Korean culture represented?

No comments: